The server principal "DB" is not able to access the database "_ANTARES_WCF" under the current security context. (Microsoft SQL Server,
Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 916
Many times developers connect remotely to their MS SQl Database using
SQL Server Management Studio. Sometimes when they connect the get the following error:
The server principal "DB name" is not able to access the database "Another DB Name"
under the current security context. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 916)
To fix this SQL Server Management Studio 2008 (maybe in 2005 too), please do the following:
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio 2008
2. Connect to the database server as normal
3. Press F7 to open the "Object Explorer Details" window or click "View" >> "Object Explorer Details"
4. In the object explorer details window expand by double click on "Databases"
5. Right click on the header bar ("Name", "Policy health state", "Recovery Model", etc) and deselect "Collation" from the menu that will pop up
6. From the object explorer, refresh the "Databases":